As Canadians, we don’t really think about how much a trip to the hospital for medical treatment costs, because our provincial or territorial government health care plans take care of it. The truth of the matter is, that health care services at hospitals and clinics in Canada are costly, and emergency health care services are even more so. For people not covered by a provincial or territorial health care plan, the cost can be financially devastating.
Many people entering Canada on vacation, visiting family or friends or on temporary Canadian work visas do not have government health care coverage once they leave their country of residence. This leaves them, or the family or friends they are visiting, financially responsible when faced with an emergency medical situation.
Visitors to Canada Travel Insurance can help safeguard your family and friends finances for the duration of their visit in Canada.
This type of coverage is ideal for:
- Visitors to Canada
- Super Visa applicants
- Landed immigrants (inpats)
- Returning Canadians waiting for Government Health Insurance Plan (expats)
A Visitors to Canada plan can include:
- $10,000 to $300,000 in emergency hospital and medical care
- Coverage for out-of-pocket expenses, including accommodations and meals, childcare costs, essential telephone calls and taxi fares
- Coverage for trips outside of Canada when the majority of the visitor’s stay is in Canada
- Allows the visitor to visit their country of origin and resume their coverage when they return to Canada without having to reapply for a new policy
- Optional medical underwriting
- Emergency Hospital up to sum insured
- Emergency Medical (including follow-up visits) up to sum insured
- Emergency Transportation up to sum insured
- Accidental Dental $4,000
- Attendant up to $500
- Chiropractor, osteopath, chiropodist/podiatrist, physiotherapist or acupuncturist $500 per profession
- Dental Emergency up to $500 Emergency
- Return Home up to $3,000
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses up to $1,500
- Return of Deceased up to $10,000
- Transportation of Family/Friend
All travel insurance coverage is subject to eligibility, limitations and exclusions.
Why take chances on medical emergencies? For full details on how you or your loved ones can enjoy a worry-free stay in Canada, please contact Our Team.